Activities and events are a central part of life at Aperee Living Conna. We recognise that activities are very important for your physical and emotional wellbeing, and we organise a wealth of activities that will keep you busy from morning till night if you choose.
Here’s a flavour of the activities you can enjoy at our Nursing Home:
- Physical Exercise – exercise to music, yoga and floor games will keep you moving and keep you strong. The classes are very enjoyable, so they’ll also give your mood a boost. We also offer outdoor walks, because time in nature has been proven to boost your wellbeing. Our landscaped garden is enclosed, so you can walk there in comfort.
- Entertainment – our lounge is designed for entertainment, and there’s always something going on. You can sing along to some music, play a game of bingo or cards or just watch TV. You’re sure to find something you’ll enjoy doing in our lounge.
- Crafts – we’re keen to give you an outlet for your creativity, and if you’re someone who loves to use your hands, you can try flower arranging, knitting, cooking or art.
- Mass – we take care of your spirit as well as your mind and body at Aperee Living Conna, so we offer Mass on Saturdays and other days of the week, as well as communion on Sundays. If you’re from a different religious background, we are happy to cater for that.
- The Power of Words – we’ll keep your mind active and your language skills sharp with poetry readings, viewings of films and reminiscence therapy, which will help you access memories that keep you connected to who you are.
- Outings – a change is as good as a rest, and we organise lots of fun outings to interesting places, locally and further afield.
When you come to our nursing home, our activities coordinators will take the time to find out what you like to do and suggest activities for you. We encourage our residents to be sociable, but we put your wishes first, and you’re welcome to dip in and out of the activities as you choose.