We take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and implementing legislation such as the Data Protection Act 2018, very seriously. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the personal data relating to you that we collect, hold and use in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data.
Aperee is the data controller in respect of the information that we process about you to provide healthcare services. Our contact details are Aperee Ltd., Ground Floor, City Quarter, Lapps Quay, Cork, T12 Y3ET.
Personal Data and Collection
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which the person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Personal data we may obtain includes name, address, title, phone number(s), e-mail address, IP address, other electronic identifiers, company details and other information provided by you in accordance with this policy and Data Protection law. We may also obtain similar information from other sources such as third parties, or when you sign up to or attend events or otherwise engage with the business.
If You Give Us Information about Somebody Else
You must make sure that if you give us personal data about someone else, you have a lawful basis for doing so, for example, you have their consent to share personal data with us. Where applicable, you should ensure they read this Privacy Statement and understand how we will use and disclose their information in the ways described in this Privacy Statement.
Purpose of Use
We use personal data for the purposes for which it was provided to us as expressed at the point of collection, or as is obvious in the context of collection. Typically information is collected by us to:
- Register on our site for events or training
- Communicate with you for marketing purposes, and the analytics of such communications
- Provide you with newsletters to which you have subscribed
- Provide you with requested information or materials
- Review and consider curriculum vitae
- To improve our website and provide a personalised experience to you
- For general administrative purposes that are in our legitimate business interest including communication in the course of a contract, issuing invoices, effecting payment including the use of a third party to administer this process, and monitoring for spam.
The legal basis for the processing of this data is for the purpose of the legitimate interests of our business in promoting our services and recruiting staff.
We do not obtain personal data for distribution or sale to third parties for consumer marketing purposes.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason, and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure to Third Parties and International Transfer
We take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information while it is in our possession. Your personal information may be transferred to third-party service providers who process information on Aperee’s behalf, including providers of information technology, website hosting and management, data analysis, anti-spam services, data back-up, security and storage services.
We may also provide access to your personal information to law enforcement authorities, revenue commissioners, regulatory or other government agencies, or to other third parties should we receive a valid request compatible with applicable law or regulations.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or destruction, and from use for unauthorised purposes. We have taken all necessary measures to ensure that contracts with all third parties that provide technical and processing services include terms that specify appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent the accidental, unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing of personal data.
We have implemented procedures to effectively and appropriately deal with any actual or suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable authority about a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of your data
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are collecting and using such information lawfully.
- Request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to use it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- Lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority (Data Protection Commissioner)
- Withdraw your consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Aperee Ltd., Ground Floor, City Quarter, Lapps Quay, Cork, T12 Y3ET. You may be asked for additional information to verify your identity prior to acting upon such requests.
Should you not be satisfied with our response to any concerns you may have raised with us regarding the collection, storage or use of your personal data, or believe that we have not complied with our data protection obligations, you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission at Phone: 076 1104 800 or 057 8684 800; E-mail: email@example.com; Post: Data Protection commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2.
Removal from Mailing Lists
You may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button on certain communications, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. This Privacy Notice was updated on 31st January 2020.